Old December 10th 06, 05:56 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Another Vandemann Lie!! Actually a number of them. But what else is new?

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 18:38:42 GMT, wizardB wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 18:52:02 GMT, "JP" wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 03:52:22 GMT, "JP" wrote:

wrote in message
ps.com...
Mike Vandeman wrote:
There are several things wrong with Tom Stienstra's approach:

Here's the reference to the original article, entitled Gridlock in Wild
Areas. The article
suggests ways to mitigate user conflicts in recreation areas.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...sn=001&sc=1000
So where's the lie? (Hint: there aren't any. That's why you didn't
quote any.)
Wrong, you poor wannabe naturalist.
Your unsubstantiated opinion is the LIE.
Yu haven't cited evidence to back any of your claims. Ever.
Your website is not proof.
But you can't help it. There is no evidence that supports any of your
claims.
No legitimate agenmcy will give you the time of day.
That is why your sad little impotent quest gets played out on AMB

1. Citizens have the right to use wilderness areas, our taxes support them.

Nope, restrictions are allowed. That's why Yosmite National Park
doesn't allow mountain biking.

That use includes two wheeled non-motorized vehicles. I spooked horses
running on trails...LIAR!!!!

2. Hikers have no more right to trails than bikes, regardless of your
opinion.

\Bikes don't habve any rights. Hikers do.

Neither do horses. If an equestrian cannot control their animal they do not
belong in public. LIAR!!!

3. Bikes are no more harmful to the environment than pedestrian use, in fact
hikers like wider trails.

You know that's a lie.

Your continues rants don't make it so. LIAR!!!
4. Mountain bikes don't teach kids to beat on nature, that's anouther BS
LIE.

Yes, they do. That's exactly what they do.

5. Being able to ride a mopuntain bike is not evidence of being able to
walk.
Floyd Landis, who won the TDF, would be unable to walk a mile on a hiking
trail.

So what? He can still walk.

But he could ride them if he wished. Another specious remark by Lying MIke
Vandeman.
And there are thousands like him, with joint damage etc who cannot hike yet
can ride. LIAR!!!

Your biggest LIE of course is the one where you neglect to mention the
damage
caused by equestrian use. HORSES destroy trails!!! But you have a hard-on
for mountain bikes so you will colntinue to LIE!!!

Irrelevant. Horses, like many other animals, evolved in North America
and have a right to be here. Bikes have NO rights.

Once again proving your an idiot horses were brought to North America by
the Spaniards you dolt

Yes, but THE HORSE evolved in North America long before that! DUH!

Yawn......did you say something???

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

===