Old February 24th 11, 02:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Doc O'Leary[_16_]

Default Anyone carry a folding tire?

In article ,
Larry wrote:

I tried the folded dollar bill as a boot once. It lasted for about 2
miles. I believe that there was some discussion on why dollar bills
dont really work well. IIRC, the tube and tire can squirm relative to
each other and that shreds a dollar bill very quickly. I remember my
dollar bill boots left a lot of shredded paper.

I didn't say they were great at it, just that they were often the most
common, cheapest thing to sacrifice in a pinch. Did the previous
discussion suggest some other alternative that was stronger, other than
having a proper boot packed beforehand?

--
iPhone apps that matter: http://appstore.subsume.com/
My personal UDP list: 127.0.0.1, localhost, googlegroups.com, astraweb.com,