Old February 13th 18, 02:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Tandem triple right rear arm ok to use ?

On 2/12/2018 7:31 PM, wrote:
I have a question. Is there anything unique or different about the drive crankset on a tandem? Compared to a single bike. I realize the non drive side arm has the extra chainring on it to mate up with the captain's crank so both cranks turn in unison. But for the drive side rear crank arm, is there anything that specifically makes it a tandem crank instead of just being a drive crank suitable for any bike?

You're right.
Although there were other drive formats, modern tandem
cranks consist of:
A standard right rear crank.
Both lefts are single RH type crank with LH pedal threads.
Right front is a simple left type crank with RH pedal threads.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/