Old January 4th 06, 01:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Helmets - mean time betweef failures

Rayc Wrote:
If you dont feel
that helmet work, prehaps you can get past the laws by carrying it on
you and not actually wearing it.

You make it sound like I have a choice. As a law abiding resident
(working on citizenship) I don't.

Well. maybe...... but I for one am quite happy to wear a
helmet, even
on 35degree days. The day the you go too far on your new ETSX, or too
close to that tree on the corner, you might want that helmet on your
noggin.

I don't consider mountain biking to be as safe as normal cycling. The
terrain is challenging and I'm generally pushing myself really hard,
esepcially at the moment as I don't have mountain bike fitness. I
wouldn't consider riding off road without a helmet as the risk of
coming off is far greater than it is on the road.

The ETSX is a lot of fun :-)

--
EuanB