Old December 19th 18, 03:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Something I read in the News

On 12/18/2018 3:53 PM, wrote:
On Monday, December 17, 2018 at 7:38:58 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 12/17/2018 9:58 PM, John B. Slocomb wrote:
Today's Bangkok Post had an article entitled "US careens towards
government shutdown". From reading the article it seems that the
President wants a 5 billion dollar budget for the Mexican Wall and
Congress doesn't want to give it to him.

5,000,000,000 divided by 1,954 miles is what? $25,588,536.33 a mile
(that may be wrong as I'm not used to working with really big numbers)
but even for the largest economy in the world that seems a tiny bit
expensive, doesn't it?

That can't be true! When he was campaigning he promised Mexico was going
to pay for the wall! I heard him say so!

That darn Bangkok Post must be pushing fake news.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Did you also hear that we have a new North American Free Trade Act that makes 5 billion seem like chickenfeed? Or doesn't that count with you? Mexico HAS already paid for it.

But Trump is still demanding money for it! Tom, you need to contact him
and let him know that problem is solved! You'll be his hero!

Hey, he may even give you a job!

(Chief of Staff should be open again pretty soon.)

--
- Frank Krygowski