Old December 4th 04, 11:02 PM
MartinM

Default worst ride ever

On the way over to Tunbridge Wells (the scenic ie hilly way) yesterday my
right hand crank came loose; two things struck me;
1. Why did it choose the one day I forgot my multi-tool?
2. Why is it always the RH crank? (well it was the only other time it
happened), if it was the left I could have just given up and walked home.

No worry I thought and, fearing stripping the spline by riding on it,
plodded on with one leg, easier said than done, it's not so much the effort
of one leg doing all the work but of having to pull the crank up on the
reverse.
I doff my hat to the fellow who rides a lot of the local AUK rides the same
way.