Old March 19th 05, 01:35 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:14:51 +0000, Martin Wilson
wrote in message
:

* '''High-ten steel''': there is in principle nothing wrong
with steel as a frame building material, but to make a good steel
frame you need pretty special steel.

This statement just seems so wrong to me and contradicts with my own
real world experience.

Really? The only bikes I've seen which say "Hi-Ten" are the sub-£100
sort which actually appear to be made of a special alloy of lead and
depleted uranium. Cr-Mo is a different animal.

I have a suspicion that Mr Ballantine has said similar in the past.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken