Old September 19th 17, 10:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Buying and Selling

On 2017-09-19 08:52, sms wrote:

[...]

... I recall when a former employee of mine told me about going
to buy a new computer keyboard in Berkeley. The store owner
showed her a used keyboard for $30. When she replied "I can buy a
new keyboard at Fry's for $8, he replied, "yes, but most people
in Berkeley don't know that."

I don't buy at Fry's anymore and got my reasons. Newegg and CDW
are pretty good places to buy computer stuff.

I just bought a cassette from Chain Reaction on-line paying $10 for
shipping and still paid $37 less than I could get it elsewhere.

Sometimes you can get lucky but it almost has to be an overstock or
firesale situation.

Other times one simply cannot buy things elsewhere, such as with my
Daytrekker Panniers. There will come a day when the one on the MTB is
worn through and only Nashbar sells those. No Ebay.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/