Old November 11th 04, 08:00 AM
demod

Default People are so nice when....

they are driving their beloved 4WD...

This afternoon as I was riding home in the rain and approaching an
intersection and a 4WD driver thought I should become one with the
gutter, so as to alert him (he obviously missed my bright yellow
jacket on the way passed) to my presence and him endangering it, I
rapped my knuckles on the rear quarter panel of his 4WD, in a friendly
fashion, to say HI! In hindsight maybe this wasn't the best thing to
do, maybe I should have let him squash me into the gutter.

Our little friend didn't seem to appreciate being woken up and decided
to stop, at which point I passed on the left. He then followed in hot
pursuit and honked his horn a couple of times, wound down the window
and started to verbally abuse me and tell me off for touching his
pride and joy. This ensued for 500 metres with other motorists giving
their support as they passed by honking at my new friend in his 4WD.
Most of the threats were the usual tirade of a mental midget, but the
one that I found most interesting was "I'll run you over and kill you"
charming and we only just met. Kill me because I touched his Toorak
tractor? sounds like a harsh punishment.

I passed up on his offer of stopping and settling it, as I was a
little tired of the abuse. Maybe I should have, but somehow I doubt he
was serious, I mean a motorist getting out of their cage in the rain??
ha ha...

Just to share the love, I may post further details of
where/when/who/description/vehicle etc if anyone is interested, I
mean, don't we all love it when we met someone so friendly and kind
that they drive next to use for 500 metres to have a little chat...
Next time I might introduce his 4WD to Mr Bar End, I am sure they
would like to become acquanted...

Enjoy the ride!