Old March 4th 14, 12:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

I was very clear that you are entitled to risk only your own neck
... not others. Stop willfully misrepresenting what I said.

You have already told me that you engage in high risk sports.
I have already told you how stupid I think that is.

And you're entitled to your viewpoint. I am similarly entitled to disagree and completely ignore you. It's really nothing to do with you.

The fact is that mountain bikers are constantly breaking the
law. Why? Because it is no fun to ride sedately on a trail. They are into taking
risks just like you are. That is why I call them and you merchants of death.

And your point is what ? That some sections of the populace want to experience riskier activities ? No **** sherlock ! There are hormonal changes in the body, including the reduction in testosterone, that predispose older men to becoming more risk averse. So, true, for large sections of the population a gentle ramble through the woods is not likely to trigger much dopamine nor nor-adrenaline. However, were that not the case human development would have stalled a long time ago; risk taking behaviour is, provided not taken to excess, a good thing.

Your "freedom of choice" ethos is a dagger planted squarely at the heart of
unsuspecting victims.

Well, the alternative is fascism (or nanny stateism). Adults are entitled to risk their own necks.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by
hikers - unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like
everyone else.

Stop ranting ... it doesn't get any more convincing for multiple repeats.

When they crash and injury themselves, I rejoice! If and when
they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to
mountain bikers!

Sociopath. (And you might want to look at your grammar too ... it should be crash and injure)