Old August 23rd 11, 06:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,ba.bicycles
jcdill

Default Time to Ban Equestrians from Trails

On 23/08/11 9:27 AM, Jonz wrote:
On 8/22/2011 11:27 PM, jcdill wrote:
On 22/08/11 7:09 PM, Jonz wrote:
On 8/22/2011 3:43 PM, jcdill wrote:

The manure horses leave on the trail becomes fertilizer for the park.

Eventually. But before it does, it is a disgusting, ugly mess that horse
riders should be forced to clean up.

BTW, this is a lot like people who move next to an airport then complain
about the noise. While we (society) can't keep people from moving next
to an airport, we (society) CAN keep bikes from legally using trails by
refusing to expand existing and new trails to use by bikes, or by
banning bikes from trails they have already been given permission to
ride. So if your goal is to ensure that more and more people show up to
argue against allowing bikes on the trails, just go ahead and complain
about the horses. The horses were there first, and they will mobilize
to prevent bikes from being allowed on trails if the bikes aren't going
to respect the way things have been working well for trail users (hikers
and equestrians) when they are granted biking access to trails.

jc