Old September 8th 11, 11:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
TFM®

Default You know you are a cyclist when......

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 11:23:09 +0200, Garry Jones wrote:

"Garry Jones" wrote in message hope to catch some
old friends and make some new ones.

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message Usenet newsgroups are NOT for making
friends. They are for kicking ass. You might prefer a chat room instead.
Usenet is a wild and wooly place.

Oh my have times really changed that much? From 1997-2000 at least -
rec.bicycles.* WAS a great place for making cycling friends all over the
world. If you were around in these groups at that time you would know the
camaraderie that existed. For instance one of the first Internet cycling
friends I made was Ken Kifer. Who was Ken?

Read this. http://www.algonet.se/~morack/kenkifer.html

Even though I wrote that in 2004 I hope that some of the same people are
still around.

Garry Jones
English Cyclist ResIDING in Sweden

Times haven't changed that much, there are simply more assholes out there.

Pleased to meet you.

TFM® (west central Floriduh cyclist)