Old July 22nd 05, 01:46 PM
JohnB

Default Summer holidays

David Martin wrote:

wafflycat wrote:
Well, today is the last day of term for Nathan. The obligatory sponsored
walk today and then no college until September. I forsee lots of
'suggestions' about day rides coming up over the next six weeks so there is
no total vegging out in front of the TV ;-)

Well you could try the "Have you ever been to xxxx?" "No". "Here's a
map, tent and sleeping bag, off you go". Time for an End to End?

Exactly my thoughts.
Give him some independence and let him experience fending for himself.
An E2E would be an excellent good choice.

My daughter, who i think is Nathans' age has a number of independent
cycle camping trips already lined up.

Bit of a problem though, she's just landed a holiday job in a firm of
acturies (her chosen career path) at so many zillions per hour [1]

[1] for a younster anyway.

John B