Old January 3rd 07, 12:59 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Ben Goren

Default Bent xmas

Buck wrote:

Ok, who got a new bent for xmas and which did you get?

Well, it was late November, not xmas, and she's used, not new
-- but I just got home from work commuting on a Haluzak
Leprechaun. My first 'bent -- and a whole helluva lot of
fun. Makes me wonder why /anybody/ would ever get on a wedgie in
the first place.

I'm slowly tweaking and tuning her. I had the LBS replace all the
cables a couple weeks ago -- what a difference! Yesterday, I did a
pretty thorough cleaning, went through lots of Simple Green. No
more grunge on the freewheel! But the wheel bearings don't feel
good. I think they might just be over-tightened...I'll find out
soon....

Oh -- and the wheels need a little bit of truing. I was able to
get away with reversing the brake pads on my wedgie in lieu of a
truing stand, but I'm not sure that'll work too well on the
Leprechaun. And I'd really rather not shell out $$$ on a stand or
$$ for the LBS...but I might not have much choice.

Cheers,

b&

--
EAC Memographer