Old April 13th 11, 02:28 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Default The Bermuda Triangle of Cycling: L.A. to N.Y. to Miami

I'm scanning through the article and find the first three issues:

1- Reckless driving,

2- Hit & Run,

3- Indifferent police/judicial system...

SOMEWHERE SOUTH of Pelham, Simonetti tells me of a crash last summer,
in the Bronx, that left him with a broken collarbone. It was a "right
hook," one of the most common crash types for cyclists: a driver,
traveling in Simonetti's lane ahead of him, suddenly turned right—
without signaling—directly into Simonetti's path. An ambulance
responded quickly, but the police did not. The paramedics told
Simonetti the police would deal with the driver when they arrived, he
says. "But the guy left. I don't blame him." When the police,
investigating what was now a hit-and-run, came to the hospital, they
asked him if he'd gotten the license-plate number. "I was laid out on
the ground," he laughs. The driver was never found.