Old December 2nd 03, 03:35 AM
Mark Boyd

Default Family tours in Europe?

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Chuck Anderson wrote:

A. Cassel wrote:

Looking for suggestions for a family cycle tour in Europe or the UK this
June-July. We're
four including our 13 & 15 year old kids, and we'd like a 1 or 2-week,
easy-to-moderate route someplace with decent food & hotels. Looking for a
touring co. or group
to hook up with, or just somebody to run a sag wagon. Any experiences or
thoughts to share?

I know, .... you want support, ... but riding the German and Austrian
river trails is "as easy as falling off a log." Add some panniers to
carry your own stuff (easy with four of you) and you've got a plan.

That's my thought.

I agree with Chuck. There is literally nothing easier than touring on
those radwegs. Most of the folks riding them are middle aged or older and
riding city bikes with panniers. There are many bike tourists and lots of
services right on the radwegs. The scenery is great and the riding is easy.

Another, slightly more adventuresome , option would be the River Lot or
some of teh other river valleys in southern France. Lots grin of
history, lots of beautiful country, no hills, small roads with little
traffic and no way to get lost. And don't forget French food...

Mark http://www.cs.unca.edu/~boyd/bicycling.html