Old September 2nd 07, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

Default Achievement(s)

"Simon Mason" wrote in
:

Looking at your group in Chorlton Cum Hardy though, they seem like the
sort of group who are on a social ride rather than my lot of
assassins, so you should be OK there. Don't worry about the distance,
you'll be pleasantly surprised at how far you can ride in a group
rather than solo. Good luck.

Even then beware. When my father took up cycling after a quad bypass he
contacted the local "social" group up in Lancashire to see if there was one
he could join on rides. They offered him the choice of three weekly rides
- the short one was 60 miles through to the long one of 120 miles into the
Pennines.

Might be worth trying the South Manchester CTC group B runs
http://www.smctc.org.uk/ & http://www.gr496.btinternet.co.uk/runs.pdf -
you don't have to be a member to go on the rides, just turn up at the
designated time and place.

--
Tony

" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
Bertrand Russell