Old May 18th 09, 02:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist[_3_]

Default Giro d'Italia, stage 9 summary

RicodJour wrote:
On May 17, 7:39 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
Hey Bob, any chance we could get Chris Horner on the favorites list?
If he's not one of the standard issue favorites you could make an
exception and support a team player, excellent rider and all-around
good guy. You'll be helping send a message to young riders
everywhere. Ask your son for permission.

I agree that it would be fun to have Chris on that list. But I'm not
sure I know what "message" you're sending to "young riders everywhere."
Other than the idea older guys rock?

The guy is _enjoying_ himself. Look at the dude's face. Danilo looks
like he's being audited or having a proctological exam. He
exemplifies team work, the importance of supporting roles, and from
his interviews you can tell he's a regular guy and not a dick. Young
people should know that heroes don't always have a number on their
jersey that ends in a 1.

Oh, and older guys rock. Some older women, too. There's a certain 49
year old woman that I hope to be rocking in the near future.

Longo turned 50 last October.