Old May 18th 09, 11:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

Default Giro d'Italia, stage 9 summary

On Sun, 17 May 2009 23:18:27 -0700 (PDT), "Kurgan. presented by
Gringioni." wrote:

Horner's love of bike racing has always set him apart. He's genuinely
enthusiastic about it.

I've got some good stories about him to share, but will save it for
another time.

I don't know the guy but met him briefly way back in the day when he
rode for a team called (I think) Rocket Fast Cargo. We were staying at
the same motel for the Fitchburg stage race.

Years later he was on Saturn and the team was back at that same motel.
He and a couple of his teammate smoked the field in a 3-hour circuit
race, rode back to the a cafe near the motel and just hung hout for
hours sipping coffee and grinning.