Old September 30th 16, 02:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Seasons changing?

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 20:28:13 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

I usually look west.

Double-take this morning: I checked the radar and just had time to
think "the rain has almost blown over" before I noticed that the
animation was moving right to left. The rain had just begun.

Just checked the full-resolution mosaic loop. Man, that's one big
cyclone! The center of rotation is in western Kentucky, and there's a
blob in the Atlantic headed for Maine. My screen isn't big enough for
me to get a clear idea of what is going on out west. Duh! Click on
the full-width version. No wonder I couldn't tell: there aren't
enough clouds out that way to tell which way the wind is moving.
Things are really soggy on the Gulf coast from the Mexican border to
Florida. Probably goes further south, but this map doesn't get data
from Mexico.

Our weather usually comes from Chicago, coming straight down US Route
30.

US Routes were before the Interstate, and were merely routes marked
along pre-existing roads. Of course, marking them increased the
traffic and today many are built up to Interstate standards. At least
US 30 between Chicago and Fort Wayne is, except for the "controlled
access" aka "Chinese Wall" aspect.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/