Old March 28th 21, 10:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Eyc headlight problem

On 3/28/2021 10:01 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

snip

Another problem I've seen are crappy wire connections. These come in
a variety of failures such as cold solder connection, bad crimp,
insulation displacement, jacket creep, and corrosion.

I'd first look for bad crimps. I crimp then solder for both a good
electrical and good mechanical connection, except on crimp connections
like Anderson Powerpole where it's not practical to solder after
crimping. If the bottle dynamo uses a bare wire then hopefully there's a
little extra length to create a clean connection.