Old April 11th 21, 11:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Questions about value of bicycles.

On 4/11/2021 2:06 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/11/2021 2:11 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
Which one of you owns a bicycle shop and sells bicycles so that you
know the true worth of a bicycle? My idea that the only one actually
able to make such evaluations is Andrew. So perhaps Jay could suggest
why he believes my bike to be worth less than the average cost of
other like bikes on eBay based upon his belief that having a bike
provided to him at special dealers discount makes him an expert on value?

I stayed out of the conversation as I had nothing to offer.

We parted company with Trek years ago and we do not sell used equipment
here.

I looked it up on the Bicycle Blue Book. A 2018 Emonda SL6 (no Di2) in
very good condition (minor cosmetic defects) has a private party range
of $1,641-$1,691.
https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/value-guide/product/3075337/.

So with the Di2 addition figure $2200-2300 for a private party sale.