Old April 15th 21, 12:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Safety inflation

On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 11:31:06 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 4/13/2021 10:23 PM, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 08:18:30 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot wrote:

In the fall of 1989 I moved to the city where I lived. In the time since then I have seen TWO bicyclists riding on the wrong side of the road.

Even on the road that's posted ONE WAY, BICYCLISTS EXCEPTED, I have yet to see a bicyclist riding counter to the traffic.

Cheers

We get as lot of it here as most major roads in Bangkok are divided
highways with long distances between "U" turn openings so it is either
2 km that-a-way to a U turn and the same distance back or just scoot
down the wrong side of the road two blocks to your street.

I think that's an unfortunate consequence of (re)designing cities for
maximum throughput of motor vehicles, and ignoring anybody traveling
otherwise.

Well, yes, but then the numbers of those traveling by motor vehicle is
so much greater then those traveling by bicycle.
--
Cheers,

John B.