View Single Post
Old May 16th 21, 05:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Flat again today but prepared.

On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 9:40:16 AM UTC-7, Mark cleary wrote:
So today at mile 50 heading back into town I hit a huge deep pothole. A car was passing so I really had to hold my line and not avoid it. Sure enough in a hurry a pinch flat.

My first confession is I still had one CO2 canister so I loaded it and frankly I must be an idiot. I manage to get some of it in the tire but it seems to leak out somewhere around the fitting/stem as I hold the chuck. No problem got my new Leyzene Road drive out and got it up nicely in a hurry. Frankly it would be just about as fast with just using the pump.

So I then go on and finish the ride 6 more miles for 56 today. I check the rear tire at home with floor pump that has gauge and the PSI was 84. No issues that works fine. I then topped it off to around 100.

I am I the only idiot who has no CO2 skills and even it I did would find it not dependable to ever really rely on.
Deacon mark

Most of the "compact" CO2 fillers have an O-ring in them to seal these things so that they will work with both Schrader and Presta valves. Who the hell uses CO2 to repair a touring bike that uses Schrader valves? Anyway, that O-ring is often lost after the first use and that is why it will leak. One of the fillers I got contained a bag of replacement O-rings.
Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home