Old May 23rd 21, 03:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Weights of my bikes

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 8:35:46 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Sat, 22 May 2021 01:41:29 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Friday, May 21, 2021 at 9:36:58 AM UTC-5, wrote:
So it is your opinion that 9.8 m/s^2 is not the acceleration of gravity? Sorry, you missed another great chance and instead simply looked like John with his copying and pasting Google because he doesn't know anything himself.

Gosh Tom, I feel neglected and unappreciated now. Mentioning John but not me. I use Google to demonstrate your failures. But my use of Google to demonstrate your fallacy does not demonstrate my lack of knowledge. I use Google to find facts. Facts such as the rate of inflation or GDP or stock market values for the Dow, Nasdaq, S&P over the past 20-50 years. Simple FACTS that no one could be expected to remember in detail. But FACTS that can be looked up and used to refute your myriad of falsehoods. Facts that can be used in logical reasoning to refute your lies. Google is good.

As an aside, every engineer I've met had a cache of reference books.
Of course that is old style engineering and probably today they just
have access to a web site but guys building bridges don't try to
remember it all :-)

When I took the test for the Professional Engineering license, we were allowed to bring in any
references we wanted. Most of the hundreds taking the test brought in maybe half a dozen references, but I saw a few guys who wheeled in triple shelves of books.

BTW, almost all the exams I gave to my students were open book.

- Frank Krygowski