Old February 8th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Crank hops vs. regular hops

ntappin wrote:
Actualy I would see it as better for the cranks but worse for the hub.

Your argument does not support your hypothesis. When standing on the
cranks, yes, the cranks experience less stress. Whether or not you're
standing on the pedals or the cranks, the hub still has to support
you.

Actually, the axle experiences less torsion (twisting) when one stands
on their cranks... this is what your "lever" example demonstrates... so
crank hopping is better for the cranks _and_ the hub.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx