Old June 1st 04, 09:55 PM
Rick Onanian

Default Stock Trek Tires (Bontrager)

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 18:46:45 GMT, AMG
wrote:
BTW, when I went to p/u the (brand-new) bike, the "stock" Bontragers had
been switched out -- by the dealer -- for Brand X tires, and only
replaced at my insistence. Have to keep a sharp eye on things these days...

When I went to buy my brand new road bike, which is spec'd with
clipless pedals, not only did they not want to give me the pedals,
but they claimed to not be able to find them. Of course, a $90 shoe
sale was in it for them if they did find them (instead of a $50
pedal sale to match my other clipless pedals), but they didn't want
to give me the pedals.

Turned out the pedals were terrible anyway. Maybe they were trying
to protect me from ever trying awful pedals.
--
Rick Onanian