Old October 8th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duncan Smith

Default Handlebar diameters?

If you want to use proper controls, you'll need to switch to a proper
bar, like a flat, riser, North Road, trekking--- heck, just about any
kind of bar but a drop bar. The upside is that most of those are
better places to park your hands.

Chalo

Oh I see. Fair enough, looks like I'm in the market for some 22.2
diameter flats or risers to take the Avid levers. I have a 26mm road
stem, but don't mind fitting a shim for 25.4mm if I have to.

Not too fussed about carbon composites or flash materials, just after
a well designed chunk of metal for between £20-50.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Duncan