Old October 9th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
M-gineering

Default Handlebar diameters?

Duncan Smith wrote:
I'm real happy with the Avid Juicy-7 front disc brake on my MTB. So
much so, that I'd like to fit another one to my commuter.

The commuter currently has an Avid BB-7 with a tektro cross-lever on
the bar-end. Snag is, the Juicy-7s won't go over the bar-ends (bars
diameter is too big).

The bars are Nitto Mod177AA noodle bar which is a a 26mm clamp size.
I see Nitto sell other bars, such as the randonneur, moustache,
B-123AA or Nitto B-2500AA courier bar with a smaller clamp size
(25.4mm). Some are drops, some are flats.. I'd like to keep a drop if
I can..

Question is, if I get one of these bars with the smaller clamp size,
will the Juicy-7 brake lever fit over the ends?

no, drop bars are 24mm, mtb bars 22.2mm whatever the clampsize

--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl