Old September 5th 05, 05:54 AM
Jeff Wills

Default Northwest Bike Paths?

Bill Patterson wrote:
Hi All,

Dian and I are planning a trip through the Northwest and would love to
do some tandem riding on nice flat bike paths. Your suggestions are
welcome. We will be in Eugene and Portland Oregon and Seattle
Washington. We will then loop across to Battle Mountain Nevada for the
big race.

It wouldn't hurt to visit with some recumbent friends along he way. It's
always fun to tell some lies. ha ha

Bill- email me before you leave and I'll try to arrange for some of the
Portland Recumbent Mafia to escort you around town. Eastbank Esplanade,
Springwater Corridor, whatever.

FWIW: We rode a portion of the Banks-Vernonia rail trail this morning.
Really pretty, but it's starting to need some maintainence. If you come
back in a couple years, the Scappoose-Vernonia trail should be in-
that'll be 35+ miles of off-highway biking.

Jeff