Old September 21st 07, 04:23 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Floyd Landis Demonstrates How Dishonest Mountain Bikers Are

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...42754720070921
excerpt:

Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:49pm EDT

PARIS (Reuters) - American rider Floyd Landis was banned for two years
on Thursday after being found guilty of doping by a U.S. arbitration
panel and will be stripped of his 2006 Tour de France title.

The United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) said Landis, who will
become the first Tour de France winner to be stripped of the race
victory, had committed a doping violation in the sport's blue-riband
event last year.

"As a result of his doping violation, Landis received a two-year
suspension and forfeits his first-place finish in the 2006 Tour de
France and all related prize money," USADA said in a statement.

Pat McQuaid, president of the International Cycling Union (UCI), told
Reuters by telephone that Oscar Pereiro, who finished second to Landis
in 2006, would be the winner of the race.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande