Old March 27th 05, 06:24 PM
Ken Marcet

"wle" wrote in message
oups.com...
once i put the tube in some weird way and the valve stem made a huge
bump
in the outside of the tire, though that was probably on an older bike
with schrader valves.

you could not see it on the outside of the tire but it was harder in
that spot and you
would definitely feel it every time the wheel turned.

i think what i did was to get the valve between the wheel and the tire
somehow.

wle.

Well this is an old bike w/schraders as well, and after I worked it on the
rim a bit, my eyeballs tell me it is truer, and I notice the thump has
lessened. I am sure the rim is not completely true due to the method I used.
But it is better than it was, and what is left could be in the tire / tube
themselves, or like someone else replied it could be a flat spot on the rim.
I think a new wheel is probably in order.