Old November 9th 11, 05:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

Default 700/38 vs 700/23 tyres on a "comfort" hybrid commuter bike.

On 9/11/2011 9:35 AM, John Henderson wrote:
Rob wrote:

Its true wider tyres will have a higher rolling resistance. Even just a
small increase.

That's a myth, and a false one at that. See eg:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/3suok2f

John

It is my experience that I quote, can't help that.

Both the same pressure. my 27" rim bike had a narrow tyre which I
couldn't replace unless I used a wider tyre. The size is think it went
from 3/4 to 1" and it did make a difference.