Old September 4th 03, 02:34 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?
Default FAQ

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

I would say that the fully searchable nature of Google Groups means that

faq is virtually obsolete now.

That was Simon Ward's view, but searching doesn't give you the charter /
purpose (albeit that one can infer it from hierarchy), or some of the
historical sidenotes (e.g. helmets) which can reduce the incidence / length
of repetitive threads.

The full-on ninety-seven page FAQ is definitely a thing of the past but I
can see merit in a short page detailing who we are, what we are about, and
the things which are likely to result in your being flamed.