Old April 18th 08, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Braggins

Default Shimano/Taya/Sigma chain link - what's the secret ?

In article , Pete Biggs wrote:
N_Cook wrote:
No tools it said - what a clever idea I thought.

[...]
Then 2 pairs of molegrips, not particularly firmly gripping but
enough to be able to flex the made-bridge piece enough to complete
the locked closure.

I don't know exactly what product you're talking about. Can you post a link
to a picture?

Taya Sigma link is this:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...oryrn_10370 4
http://www.bike-x.co.uk/index.php?cP... 409581fa97c17

Also this: crap. I used one once[1], and won't be using one again.

[1] Because Halfords was open at 7.30pm and LBS wasn't, and I didn't know
better at the time.