Old July 6th 11, 01:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Larry[_8_]

Default Tour de France radio ban?

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:40:27 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I hear that the TdF is banning radios next year. What do you think of
this?

At first, I thought it was a terrible idea. However, cycling is a
technologically pure, and banning radios is a way to keep this
purity.

Of course you can use that logic to propose bans on certain bicycles,
food supplements, and lycra.

Cycling is evolving - thank God. Instead of fighting it, we should
just embrace it...

Cullen

My wife and I were watching last night and we saw and heard what
sounded liked team car communication with a cyclist. The previous
night we saw a cyclist wearing an earpiece with a coiled wire coming
out of it. I doubt that this was for an iPod. What gives? Is there a
radio ban or isn't there?
Larry
--
Be polite when e-mailing me. Rudeness will get you nowhere.