Old November 5th 04, 04:24 PM
maxo

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:10:06 +0000, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Helmet laws do nothing to stop people from riding like idiots.

They do! They do!

I just think this is an absurd way to go about public safety. I'm no more
against helmets than seatbelts and airbags...but address the cause--why
are bikes & riders hitting the pavement--not the symptom--purple owies.

I've lived in places in the world where people are much more bike
savvy than in the US and Canada and follow the rules of the road
better--they don't seem to wear a lot of helmets, though they're catching
on for kids, but they don't seem to fall down as much either.