Old September 7th 05, 11:31 PM
BobT

Default Making a College bike Inconspicuous?

"Jasper Janssen" wrote in message
news
I vote Axa SL7 (or the cheaper regular Axa)
Jasper
Hello Jasper,

My bike came with an Axa SL7 but I took it off and opted for a cable type
lock. Did I make a mistake? It does seem easy to use although I don't like
that the key won't come out unless it's locked.

I was worried that putting the Axa SL7 lock only through my spokes was
inviting someone to trash my spokes even if they couldn't ride off with my
bike. I was also concerned that someone would simply pick up my bike and
throw it in the back of a vehicle and drive off with it. I saw that I could
buy a cable that fits into the Axa but saw no advantage to the Axa SL7 +
cable over a cable alone.

Are you using the the Axa SL7 regularly to lock your bike without these
problems?

BobT