Old September 2nd 19, 08:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

Default Yet another cyclist killed. pH (Several, actually)

On Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 8:16:30 PM UTC-5, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 1:24:36 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/30/2019 3:08 PM, pH wrote:
From the San Jose Mercury News:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/08/...n-hit-and-run/

It says pedestrian but the article says cyclist. And this was not even the one I was searching for.

Here's the one I was thinking of:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/08/...ng-boyce-road/

There was an article in the Santa Cruz Sentinel back in May about a cyclist killed around the Davenport area. There was *never* a follow up about who it was or the circumstances around the death--I even called the local radio station to ask that their news department please follow up on it and give us further information as it became available. Nada thus far.

https://www.santacruzsentinel.com/20...-on-highway-1/

If you want to knock off an enemy it seems all you have to do is wait until he's on a bicycle and then run 'im down....doesn't seem as if there are any consequences.

pH in Aptos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNTkF4vdqt0

skip to :30 to see the crash.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

I just came back from that area and today the drivers have been particularly bad taking FAR closer passes than they should. I have to ride on the left hand side of the bike lane because too many people throw open a door without a glance.

Why would drivers with an open left lane not only drive adjacent to bicyclists but as close as they can possibly get: and speeding?

I ride close to the curb as possible too. Or I often ride the sidewalks where it is legal in my state.

It's mainly because of so many distracted and impatient drivers.

Andy