Old September 3rd 19, 04:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Does anything dissolve paint thinner

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 02:43:20 +0000 (UTC), Ralph Barone
wrote:

AK wrote:
I found a more environmentally clean option.

Homemade water based cleaner recipe that worked well in a sprayer bottle.

8 oz. water
1 Tbsp Vinegar
1 Tbsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Dish Soap

Leave out the vinegar and baking side and I bet it will work just as well,
just not put on as much of a show.

The vinegar and baking soda reaction will produce quite a bit of foam,
where the collapsing bubbles might simulate the cavitation from an
ultrasonic cleaner. I've never tried it, but it might improve the
detergent action of the soap without the need for an ultrasonic
cleaner.

"homemade ultrasonic cleaning solution"
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=124786
1) plain old white vinegar
2) salt
3) baking soda
4) lemonshine
5) citric acid
6) lemon juice
7) Birchwood Casey brass cleaner
Notice the vinegar and baking soda in the recipe.

"How to make a Volcano"
http://www.sciencefun.org/kidszone/experiments/how-to-make-a-volcano/

"Equation for the Reaction Between Baking Soda and Vinegar"
https://www.thoughtco.com/equation-for-the-reaction-of-baking-soda-and-vinegar-604043

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D