Old September 6th 19, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

Default No bearing = no bearing problems

On Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 10:31:48 AM UTC-7, Chalo wrote:
David Scheidt wrote:

jbeattie wrote:

:There are bearings, but they're encased in magical plastic stuff. I was thinking someone came up with a bushing BB.

They're not unheard of on crap kids toys.

Plain bearings are also used in expensive pedals. I guess a plain bearing beats a rotten rumbly ball bearing in that instance.

Chalo, What do you call those crank standards that fit the press-in bearings BBs? They are narrower than the 386.