Old September 16th 19, 05:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default We're from the government. We're here to help you.

On 9/16/2019 8:28 AM, AMuzi wrote:

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...zze-story.html

Mandatory licenses and mandatory helmets: I'm amazed at how often those
failed ideas still come up.

Enforcing bike traffic laws: Yes, I think some reasonable enforcement is
needed. I think that every time a wrong-way cyclist is headed for me.
But the details are not simple. And NYC has made some tone deaf moves,
like super-strict sting operations against bicyclists after a cyclist is
killed by _motorist_ mistakes or violations.

--
- Frank Krygowski