Old September 23rd 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

Default Help! Are there health benefits to unicycling?

Fazel wrote:
I'm trying to dig up some information on the health benefits of using a
unicycle. Does it work your core and abs? What about quads and
hamstrings?

Yes and yes. It can also work the calf muscles, depending on the
rider's technique.

The quads and glutes do the bulk of the work in most riding conditions,
but once the riding gets technical the abs, lower back and obliques come
into play. I find, after a long session of trials riding, my back and
abs can get quite sore.

Fazel wrote:
Or does anybody know someone?

Yes, I know someone.

Perhaps you should ask some more specific questions, as there are
plenty of smart people on these boards... we may not know what you mean
by "health benefits".

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire