Old August 24th 03, 10:23 AM
Brunswick_kate

Default Strange fatigue again...? (long)

Hippy wrote:
(x-posted: aus.bicycle, rec.bicycles.misc)
I've written about this before but it happened again and it was worse
than previous occasions so I'm posting about it again.
On the way home wed night though, about 15 minutes and 5k's into the
ride I was feeling totally light-headed and dizzy. My body felt strange
and "light" also. Not fatigued like "I've done 100k and now my legs feel
like lead" fatigued, it was a strange 'lack of energy' all over body
weakness. It felt like I was going to fall asleep and I was in the
granny ring doing, like 15kph or something!

Hi Hippy -- your symptoms as described sounds very familiar to me. I am
a diabetic and you really need to see a doctor ASAP. Please don't "wait
and see". You had this happen before and 5km and 15 mins probably isn't
enough to give you low blood sugar, particularly where you'd been eating
carbs that day. Sustained high blood sugar is as exhausting (actually
moreso) than low glucose levels.

--
Insanity has its price -- Please have exact change.