Old April 15th 08, 08:57 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living
ComandanteBanana

Default only the strong (read SUVs and cars) survive

On Apr 15, 1:29*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 06:21:31 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana

wrote:
On Apr 14, 9:54*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:06:42 -0700 (PDT), donquijote1954

wrote:
Something funny happens though. The more you move to the right, the
more they squeeze you. It's a power game, I believe, where only the
strong (read SUVs and cars) survive.

Evidently you have never heard the phrase "Right or Dead Right"

Might want to ponder on that one for a bit.

Yep, and I have changed my survival strategy accordingly.

I have realized that America, despite her claims to democracy and
Christianity, is now ruled by the Law of the Jungle. The world seems
to know it now too. It's evident in her foreign policies that she's
getting hungrier. And it's even more clear when you live inside and
you notice that the top predators want to have an SUV to show their
power and wealth --if not to impose their might...

However dinosaurs are not forever. Actually, the hungrier they get,
the quicker they exhaust the resources, and the quicker they
disappear. But they were not known for having big brains either.

Someone may ponder about that too.

And this has what to do with assholes on bikes thinking they can
survive an encounter with a motor vehicle?

This is a METAPHOR. You know, like all this carnage on our roads is
related to another metaphor, the original sin... Yep, if Eve hadn't
eaten the forbidden fruit, we would all be friendly and be vegetarian.

Well, I still prefer my own metaphors...

THE LAW OF THE JUNGLE
Once upon a time, in the deep jungle, lived a Lion and a Monkey... One
day the Monkey, tired of the Lion always taking the LION'S SHARE, and
seeing that such injustice represented a danger to all, demanded
JUSTICE... The Lion, yawning and stretching, said, "You would have to
have paws and sharp teeth..." Then the Monkey, who was very clever,
devised a plan: He would go to the costume store, and look like a
lion...

When the HUNGRY LION saw him, noticing that the new lion wasn't a
match for him, and fearing COMPETITION, killed him on the spot --
before the indifferent look of the little animals of the jungle... And
that's how the Law of the Jungle was re-established one more time...
(NOTE: Other monkeys survived him...)