Old October 4th 04, 02:56 AM
Roger Zoul

psycholist wrote:
|| Roger,
|| I believe you and I said a passing hello to each other at about 7:35
|| yesterday morning (without either of us knowing who the other was).
|| You described yourself to me before the Tigerville ride and it just
|| came back to me now. Were you parked on the north end of the square
|| near the Mexican restaurant? I always park up there in the lot
|| behind that restaurant 'cuz that's where the bathrooms are and, as
|| I've established in prior posts, I'm an old fart.

Figures! I don't remember the Mexican restaurant, but I was parked very
near the bathrooms in that lot that sort of forms a loop around some
building and exits on E. Queen. It has been a while since I've been on the
square in Pendleton (I used to live very near there, too).

|| Sorry it didn't occur to me at the time who you were.

No problemo. I kinda figured you'd be out there and going fast

|| I wonder where Rick got his info on the elevation gain? That sounds
|| like the figure I've heard in prior years. He changed the route a
|| good bit this year thanks to WalMart. I think he added a few rather
|| substantial hills up there on Hwy. 11.

Yeah, I think I'll ask him. I didn't realize until yesterday that the route
had changed due to Walmart. That might explain why some of the mileage
numbers on the cue sheets were a bit off, by my count anyway.

|| As for the lead group zipping past and seeming to cut it close, most
|| of those guys have some serious bike skills. What I really find
|| funny is the racer dudes who seem to have to pee every 5 minutes and
|| who have to show off how they can do it while they're still riding
|| along with the group. It hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure one of
|| these days one of them will go down holding ... themself ... and
|| they'll probably take out some poor innocent.

Thanks for telling me this....I'd hate to be drafting one of these dudes
while he's taking a wiz...I'll slow way down in the future! Funny thing --
when I spotted them coming up on me in my mirror I immediately sped up...I
wanted to hold them off for as long as possible and make them work to catch
me / daydream mode off /