Old September 26th 06, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jeremy Parker

Default CTC error

"wafflycat" wrote in message
The CTC has made an unwise move, I think.

According to the copy of Cycle which arrived this morning, Jon Snow
is the new CTC president, having been invited to take the role once
Phil Liggett steps down.

This will be Jon Snow, the newsreader, who back in February on
'Richard & Judy' (13th February 2006) admitted he tells people not
to take up cycling as "it's too dangerous out there"

[snip]

Well, I've never watched Richard & Judy, but I have heard Jon Snow at
a couple of London Cycling Campaign AGMs. I don't remember what he
said, but I'm surprised at views like that. Is there an exact
transcript, or a recording, or something?

Anyway, I live in London, too. It's a pretty nice place to cycle
round. There's too much boring suburb to get from the middle out to
open countryside, but the trains still work here (more or less) to
let you bypass that.

The statistics are only averages, of both Jon Snow and me. If it's
more dangerous for him, it must be less dangerous for me.

Jeremy Parker