Old December 6th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gabetheunicycleman

Default !The collective IdIoTS guide to unispins!

180 and 360 guides ( taken from my tutorial in unicyclopedia)

180 unispin.
firstly you want to be comfortable hopping with the seat infront. once
you can do that learn the 180 jump mount. simply jump off the ground,
spin the uni 180 degrees and land with your feet on the pedals. once
you can do both of these reasonably well you should be ready to try a
180 unispin. Get on with the seat out in front holding the seat with
one hand on the front and one on the back and steady yourself. some
people like to do small bunnyhops to find their center of balance. then
when you are ready jump up into the air whilst keeping the uni more or
less on the ground. you dont want it to come up with you. then spin it
180 whichever way you feel most comfortable and then land with your
feet on the pedals or cranks. if you are not sure that you are going to
land it, instead land on the ground next to the pedals. one thing that
really helped me was keeping the wheel on the ground and using the seat
to kinda keep yourself in the air. this trick should take around 45
mins more or less of solid practicing to learn. even then you may not
be able to do it every time. remember to wear shin guards in case you
miss the pedals and remember that your feet dont have to go out too
much. i jarred my wrist really badly doin this so wristguards or tape
may be good. P.S I realise that this is already in the freestyle
section but this is also a street skill and this has more detail. here
is my video tutorial. http://tinyurl.com/y2yghj

360 unispin
The 360 unispin is somewhat different to the 180 unispin. to do the 360
unispin you firstly want to be able to do the 180 unispin (obviously)
and you want to be good at it. unlike the 180 unispin the 360 jump
mount is not a necessity. i actually find it harder than the 360
unispin. okay, there are a few things to learn. firstly you want to
figure out how your going to spin the uni. some people let go of the
seat when they spin the uni some dont. i dont, im not that coordinated.
once you figure this out practice practice practice. get comfortable
doing this. then figure out whether to spin seat in or out. i spin seat
in so that it stays under me. then practice some more. one day it'll
just come to you.

--
gabetheunicycleman

unicycleman does not stand..... he sits on the air --unicycleman-
gabetheunicycleman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13054