Old May 3rd 17, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ian Field

Default torque wrench issues

wrote in message
On Tue, 2 May 2017 19:12:39 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"John B Slocomb" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 1 May 2017 19:49:36 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

a great deal deleted

know of cadmium plating being very dangerous.
You will only weld or braze galvanized steel in a poorly ventilated
space ONCE unless you are REALLY stupid.

I have never become aware of the dire consequences of welding zinc
plated
that are being spouted here.

"galvanised" can be plated with *ANY* metal that has a higher galvanic
affinity than the host metal. Including cadmium and various other toxic
heavy metals.

I can only assume that you are not from a country where English is the
common language as the definition of "galvanized" in the U.S. (and
likely in other English speaking countries) is, and I quote, "Covered
with Zinc".

I'm in an English speaking country that's heard of etymology.

You mayb be an etymologist and a Brit, but you have little or no
technical knowlege from what you keep saying.

You kooks are hilarious, but you do get tedious quite quickly.