Old January 26th 20, 01:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Bicycle Parts in the News

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 4:11:57 PM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 12:42:05 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 11:12:16 AM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
In other words - go blow it out your ass. There has NEVER been a reduction in taxes that didn't more than pay for itself. What you like is the idea of holding a gun to the head of the American people and robbing them blind. Too bad it ain't going to happen. Maybe you're another Avenatti for all I know.

It appears that everyone disagrees with you, including the CBO. https://budget.house.gov/publication...-fiscal-future You can skip the political narrative and go right to the report: https://www.cbo.gov/publication/54918

Only you Democrats can possibly believe that the CBO which is what - a part of the Democrat controlled House would say that any benefits are slight and only temporary. I just rode with an investor that plays the market every single day and he says that practically since Trump entered office the market has risen. For a temporary and slight increase that is a very, very long time. Every day they say that the market is going to crash and every day they are wrong. He says that even when the market opens red that it is green before the end of the day. That is as is "green with envy".

I especially love the idea that you cutting your fees wouldn't increase your business enough to pay for the reduced income. For someone that thinks he understands micro-economics you most assuredly do not.

Spoken like a man who has never run a business. I see more budgets and balance sheets in a month than you do in a lifetime.

People do not run out and hire a lawyer suddenly because the price has gone down. Exactly how are you connecting that with reducing taxes? How in he hell are you getting even close to any sort of connection between taxes and cost for services?

Uh, Tom, that was my point. Simply giving up revenue does not mean you're going to get it back somehow. Reducing the corporate rate did not result in significant capital investment or other significant tax revenue generating activity. It resulted in stock buy-backs and some dividend payments (which are taxable at the individual level). Cutting the corporate rate was a giant gift that created a huge budget hole. It did not trickle down. Read this (which you won't, because you never read anything that undercuts your belief): https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...not-trickling/ or this, https://www.everycrsreport.com/files...d7 5d35f4.pdf

-- Jay Beattie.